Study Session Essentials

Whether you are studying and outlining for finals or just trying to read ahead for the week, spending hours on end in the library can be draining. However, with the right tools, you can be prepared for these sessions and maybe even enjoy them (a little):

  • Noise Cancelling Headphones- Even in the quiet areas of the library, some noises can be loud and distracting, so using noise cancelling headphones will allow you to focus on your studying and tune out those distractions. Or if you prefer total silence and no music, ear plugs are the way to go.
  • Filling Snacks- During a long library session, normal snacks just don't cut it. Go for something filling: protein bars, trail mix, fruit, yogurt, peanut butter, protein shake, etc. If you are anything like me, I cannot focus when I'm hungry so I always bring snacks.
  • Refillable Water Bottle- Just as it's important to have food in long study sessions, it is also important to stay hydrated. Therefore, a refillable water bottle is a must.
  • A Good Playlist- If you like to listen to music while you study, then you need a playlist that's long and not too distracting. For me, I love acoustic covers. In fact, I have a playlist about three hours long I made while studying for the LSAT, and I still use it to this day.
  • Pens or Pencils- While these might not be necessary, if you like to take notes in your casebook, I recommend having some stashed in your backpack or purse.
  • Highlighters- 100% need these. Whether you are reviewing for finals or reading cases, highlighters are necessary. Not much else to say except that highlighters are law students' best friends. 
  • Sticky Notes/Tabs- These may be useful if you want to flag a case, make notes in a book, or even want to know where you left off.
  • Comfy Clothes- If I'm gonna be studying all day, I need to wear something comfy. That usually involves a hoodie too. Libraries can get cold. 
  • Casebooks and Laptop/Notebook- Duh. It's pretty obvious why these are needed. 
What else do you bring for long study sessions? Did I miss anything? Drop a comment below! 

Comments

Popular Posts