My Fall Wellness Goals



I love the start of a new school year- new classes, new supplies, a new planner, and new goals. Even though school and fitness don't necessarily go together, it is also a good time to create new fitness/wellness goals and to evaluate where I am at on my 2018 Wellness Goals.

Here are my 2018 Wellness Goals:

  • Work out 5 times a week
    • So far, so good. I would say I hit my average of working out 5 days a week.
  • Run two 5Ks
    • I haven't a single 5k. This is something I really need to pick up on. Maybe even reducing my goal to running a 5k would be better.
  • Train for them 
    • Since I haven't run any, I haven't trained for any. However, for any 5k that I plan on running, I will most definitely train for it.
  • Eat more veggies
    • I've done pretty good with this one. I could still do much better, but from where I was to where I am now, I've seen improvement.
  • Meditate or practice yoga once a week
    • During the school semester, I did better at this goal than I did over summer. I wasn't as stressed during the summer as I am during the school year, so that played a factor in it. I will pick up this goal now that school has started again.

Now for my Fall/Winter Wellness Goals:
  • Take vitamins daily: I have a bottle of women's daily multivitamins on my dresser, but I have never taken them. Adding this into my daily routine will be a good supplement to my diet.
  • Focus on my legs: For the first time in my life, I am so happy with my arms and back! I am happy with body overall, but I want to spend the next few months focusing on my legs. I won't give up on my arms/back, but I want my legs to match my upper body!
  • Actually run and train for a 5k: There are a couple coming up that I am interested in doing, and I think this is a good chance to re-start this goal. I've heard that running is an acquired skill, so hopefully I can commit to running more, and I will actually enjoy it soon.

Obviously, my goals I set way back in January still apply, but I thought that with the new semester, now was a great time to evaluate my progress and create some new goals. What are your new goals for the coming semester? Leave them in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts