My Favorite Stress Reducing Practices



I'm sorry for the quick (and late) post today, but it is the first day back from spring break, and it has been crazy. Over spring break, I was able to really think about tools that I use to effectively combat stress and anxiety. One thing I want to do is strive to practice at least one of these activities every day. These activities really help me relax, reduce stress, and lower my anxiety level.

Yoga- Yoga is my favorite way to de-stress and get a workout in at the same time. I love going to yoga classes, but more frequently, I will find a video online or through an app (PopSugar Fitness is my favorite app for this) and practice at home. I find classes to be more relaxing, but yoga videos also help me de-stress.

Meditation- I don't meditate outside of the sauna that much, but when I do, it find it very relaxing and a great way to lower my stress. I use both my Himalayan Salt Lamp and my oil diffuser to create a relaxing atmosphere.

Sauna- The sauna is a great place for me to go to relax. Sometimes, I will go with a friend and talk with them. Other times, I will go to meditate or just to relax. Typically, I am most relaxed and less anxious after I meditate in the sauna. When I go to meditate, I listen to Sleeping at Last's Atlas: Space album and use this to regulate my breathing.

Journal- I don't do this much at all, but I know a lot of people that do and find it relaxing and introspective. I want to start journaling more, but tend to do other activities like meditating or praying instead.

Devotion/Prayer- This is another great way to relieve stress and start the day off right. I tend to pray and do devotions before I go to bed, but I would like to do this in the morning. It would be a positive way to start my day. Praying and reading a devotion clears my mind and helps me relax.


What are your favorite ways to de-stress? How often do you try to practice anxiety reducing activities? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts