Getting Active Outdoors



I am always looking for new ways to get my daily exercise in, and with cooler weather right around the corner, I can’t wait to start working out outside more! Here are some of my favorite ways to get active outdoors:

            Paddle-boarding: Granted, this is more of a summer activity, but on warmer fall days, you can still paddleboard! It gives you a good arm workout, and if you stand up, it works your core muscles too! Likewise, kayaking and canoeing both give you a good arm workout.
            Surfing: This is an activity that might not be possible if you leave anywhere that isn’t a coast (like me). But, it is a good workout for those who do have a surfing ocean within driving distance. I surfed for the first time earlier this year, and I loved it (plus I was sore for a couple days afterwards)!
            Go for a hike: Find the nearest state park, grab some water and sunscreen and go hike! I love hiking because it gives you a nice workout, but also some amazing views. For me, hiking is a great way to relax and clear my head.
            Go for a walk or a run: If hiking isn’t your thing, go for a walk or run on flatter ground! To add a little extra workout into your run, find a place to stop about half way (like a park), and do some sit-ups, push-ups, squats, or any other bodyweight exercise you like. Bonus points if you bring your dog and give them a workout too!
            Bike/Mountain bike: There are so many places that you can bike! You can bike along the street, in a park, in your neighborhood, or even a state park (if your state park allows that).
            Play a game in the park: Grab some friends and a ball or Frisbee! Playing a game of football, soccer, volleyball, or basketball is a great way to have fun and workout with your friends.
            Tennis: Another great way to stay active outside! Many parks and schools have tennis courts that the public can use.
            Winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating): Even though it is not winter yet, you can think of ways to workout outside in the cold. I am not the biggest fan of the cold; yet I still find these activities fun and a good way to be active.

In no way is this an exhaustive list of ways you can get active outside, but these are just some of my favorites. What is your favorite way to get active outside? Comment below!

            

Comments

Popular Posts