Some Major Changes

 Hi all!!

I have some major news and changes coming to my blog soon (like this week soon). Instead of using my blog as my main platform, I have decided to switch to Instagram and their IGTV as my main platform. This is for a few reasons:

1. When I first started my blog, I intended to post about 6 times a month, but after my first year of law school, I got very busy and had a lot going on personally, so I wasn't able to live up to that goal. Instead, I would just post whenever I thought of it or had time. I don't want to just do that. I want to put out content on a regular basis, and I believe that by switching to IGTV as my main platform, I can do that better than when my main platform was a full blog.

2. Instagram has become increasingly popular for bloggers and other content creators. I think Instagram and TikTok are where content creators are going and will be more successful. I don't want to miss out on this trend.

3. It feels more personal. Watching a video, especially a live one, allows my viewers to connect with me more. Plus by seeing me and hearing my voice, I think it establishes more of a connection that just reading something I've written does.


So what will this look like?

I am going to set a goal of posting once or twice a month on my blog, and I will save these for longer, more serious posts. I think that setting a goal for 2 versus 6 is much more doable for me. Plus, I don't want to abandon my blog altogether, and I want to keep it active.

On Instagram, I will be posting once a week on Thursdays. As of now, I plan on using IGTV as my main method, but I may switching to Live at some point, but it just depends on how IGTV goes. I am going to try to keep these videos pretty short: under 5 minutes for sure, and hopefully under 3 minutes. I want them to be something you can watch quickly while walking, at the gym, or anywhere really. As of now, I have three exciting series planned (Getting Into Law School, Hearing Back from Law Schools, and Deciding Where to Go to Law Schools). I plan on releasing them in this order, and hopefully they will track this year's admissions cycle pretty well. Each series will be a different number of videos, but you can expect me to post one video a week. After these three series, I will re-evaluate to determine what worked and what didn't and where I want to go from there.

So if you don't follow me on Instagram yet (and you have one), make sure you follow me @fitfutureattorney, so you can view all of my new posts. I also plan on posting more healthy food recipes, so look out for those as well! Additionally, I love to hear what you want to see on my blog/instagram, so please feel free to drop a comment, email, or a DM and let me know your thoughts!

Comments

Popular Posts