Peanut Butter Cup Protein Balls




I just had to share this delicious (and easy!) recipe with you all! I've shared it on my Instagram already (@fitfutureattorney) but wanted to make sure it was on my blog too.

Since I am beginning to study for the Bar Exam, I've been wanting to have some tasty and healthy snacks accessible, but also that did not take up too much time. It can be a challenge to find healthy, homemade food that doesn't take 3 hours, 2 ingredients you've never heard of that you have to specially order online, and 1 complicated kitchen appliance you don't have to make. But these protein balls are so yummy and only took about 40 minutes total and 20 minutes of active work to make. I found the original recipe online (see my instagram for more info), but played around with the ingredients and instructions to make it my own.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 Tablespoons Honey
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I always use plant based!)
1 Tablespoon Mini Chocolate Chips
3 Tablespoons Reese's Pieces

Instructions:
1. Put peanut butter and honey into a bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds on high power. Whisk until blended.
2. Add two scoops of protein powder and stir.
3. Let cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes. I don't recommend putting it in the freezer because the mix may get too hard. You want the mix to be cool enough so that the chocolate chips don't melt.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces.
5. Use a scooper to shape into little balls and place on wax paper.
6. Put in refrigerator to store.

Once they had been in the refrigerator for a while, I moved them into a sealable container to keep them fresh. Also, for purposely aesthetic reasons, I added Reese's Pieces to the top of each little ball. They'll be just as good regardless of whether you "top" them or not.

The best part about a recipe like this is that you can experiment with it. I think they are super good as is, but next time I think I will add one scoop each of vanilla and chocolate protein powder. The more chocolate, the better!

Comments

Popular Posts