My Typical Workout Routine


This week, I had to post a review of a 9Round workout, which is a kickboxing gym. However, the day I went there, they closed earlier than usual. So keep an eye out for my 9Round Review, which should be the next fitness post!

But don’t worry; I still have a fitness post for this week! I’m going to share with you my typical workout routine. I usually try to workout five times a week while I am in school, but I aim for six days a week when I am not in school.

I always start my workout with a cardio warm-up. If I walked to the gym, like I do when I am at school, I will either run on the elliptical or use the StairStepper for a total of ten minutes. If I drove to the gym, like I do when I am not at school, I will use both machines for a total of twenty minutes. 

Next, I will work on a specific muscle group. I usually work on abs, chest and back, arms, or legs. Depending on how much time I have to workout that week, I might combine muscle groups.  I like to do a variety of bodyweight, free weight/dumbbell, and machine exercises. When using a machine, the specific muscles you are working are isolated. When you do bodyweight or free weight exercises, the muscles are not isolated as much, so you tend to work more muscles. I like to use a combination of exercise because I like the different benefits each provides. I typically aim to spend between twenty and thirty minutes focusing on a specific muscle group. My typical workout lasts between 30 minutes and an hour, and it depends on how much time I have to workout that day.

Finally, I like to cool down, or more accurately, warm up, in the sauna post workout. Sometimes, after a particularly tough workout, I will stretch in the sauna. Other times, I just like to relax in it. Plus it’s good for your skin! I love saunas, and sometimes, I will go to the gym just to go to the sauna. When I was deciding on where to go to law school, I Googled the schools I was interested in to see if any had a sauna. Unfortunately, none of the schools I wanted to go to had one. But once I actually ended up on campus, I found out that my school had one. However, it was hidden in a smaller gym, and in the less popular locker room. Many people don’t know about it, but it is a hidden gem!

So that is my typical workout routine- nothing too fancy. I try to hit every muscle group at least once a week. Sometimes it doesn’t work out like that, but it’s not a big deal. I just will workout the muscle group I missed twice the next week if I have to. What is your usual workout routine?? I’d love to read them in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts