How I'm Spending the Summer Before 1L Year

First off, sorry for the late post! It’s been a pretty crazy week with a lot going on, so I am just now finding time to get my post up. With officially less than four weeks left until my 1L year starts, I decided to write about what I’ve been doing this summer.

Working- This summer, I’ve been working with two families as a nanny. It prevents me from sitting around the house all day and also allows me to make a little more money before I don’t have time to work.

Netflix- I don’t think I have ever watched so much Netflix in my life. I got caught up on Grey’s Anatomy, started watching Forensic Files, began to finally watch Friends in order, and recently started my third time watching Gossip Girl. I know once I start law school, I won’t have much time to watch my favorite shows, so I’m doing more than my fair share of it now.

Cooking- I’ve been pinning some quick and healthy meal prep ideas. I have yet to try them out but will do so in the coming weeks. This way, I’ll have an arsenal of great recipes I can whip up when I don’t have much time but don’t want to order out.

Working on myself, physically and mentally- It is important to be in your best shape when going into law school, both physically and mentally. I’ve spent a lot of time working out, even more than I usually do. By doing this now, I have formed the habit of working out and will continue to do so once school starts. I’ve seen all of my doctors to make sure I am healthy and that there are no issues that need to be taken care of. It is even more important to be mentally healthy before any big change. This summer, I have been the happiest I have in a long time! I am spending time taking care of myself, surrounding myself with positive people, and could not be more excited for law school. I majored in business for undergrad, but always knew my true passion was pursuing a legal career. For the first time in my life, I am about to start doing what I have always wanted to do.

Spending time with friends and family (and dog!)- This is a pretty obvious one. Once school starts, I’m going to be swamped. So I am trying to spend as much time with my friends and family as possible. I have amazing people in my life that I will lean on this next semester, even though they will be geographically distant. My dog, Bailey, is one of my best friends, and I will miss her a lot. Right now, I am spending as much time as I can with her- she loves going to the park, going for car rides, and getting Chick-fil-A together.

Apartment decorating- For the first time, I am moving into an unfurnished apartment, so this is my first chance at designing the perfect apartment. I’ve had a lot of fun shopping for décor, furniture, and other apartment items, and I am so excited to move in! For anyone looking for smaller furniture and decorative items, I recommend HomeGoods. I went there this past week and got some great items for a very good price!

And finally, getting ready for school- Yes, this means buying all the school supplies, including 3 packs of highlighters and over 500 pages of lined paper (in case you didn’t know, law school is where highlighters go to die). It also means learning how to write a case brief and spending hundreds of dollars on books. Luckily, I love office supplies and all things planning, so this isn’t too bad.


I think that pretty much sums up what I have been doing in order to get ready for law school. I’ve spent a good amount of time on both preparing myself but also relaxing. If you have done anything exciting this summer, or have anything important that I’ve missed, leave it in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts